Monday, February 4, 2013

Deep Fried Satisfied........A Tribute to Claude Hay - Toowoomba Chronicle



Sunday by the SeaSunday by the Sea

God .......Oh MyGod !(OMG)

Yes I haven't been taking my own advice ..... Again the advice that I so easily dish out in spades to anyone who will listen... God will keep sending you the same message again until you learn it. What was the lesson tonight? Hmmmm ,not sure. Could have been ....don't act better than anyone else.....we are all in this together....... Or could it be..... Listen to someone else for once.... You don't know everything........ Or could it be ..... Don't be boastful or proud? I think it was don't dance wildly near furniture or you will get hurt!


It happened at a local venue during a Sunday session. He had said goodbye that morning so to make sure that I wouldn't be sad I had organised a Sunday session with two of my besties. Girls who love to dance and have fun. Who doesn't? Got a text from my young 24 year old girlfriend who was to be part of the fun and it goes like this.

9.29 am

L: Hello darling how are you?

R: He just left you must have known. I am on may way to pick up my artwork from the Studio. Looking forward to this afternoon?

L: Well I have a bit of a story for you. I ended up in hospital yesterday after the GYM. I've done my back and can hardly move only when I take drugs so lol I won't be able to make it this afternoon . But how do you feel about 'Sex and the City' at my place lol? I'm so sorry. One minute I was in the middle of my step aerobics class and then I just couldn't move anymore. I have a muscle spasm lol.

R: Sounds good. I will come up before I go out. Selina is going out with me too. After lunch ok? Can I bring you anything?

L: Just your humour lol around 2 pm okay? I've taken my pills and now need to go shopping while they last lolx

R: Ok no shopping please rest. Get Tom to shop or Mum.


To be continued later in the night lol.


Skip to 5pm Selina arrives at my place to go to the venue. Setting the scene .....Great Sunday session, great mix of people, great food, favourite beverages and music. Yes , I know sounds like heaven!!


We go to the bar looking hot ...... as always..... She drinks 'Barefoot Rattlers' and I drink 'Bees Knees'. The man from Perth drank these last weekend when we were here.... I had my usual gin and tonic.... Bombay Sapphire please?


A tribute to Perth .... Yeah.... Nah.... Just stuff Perth people say :)


Found a table ... Found some friends from dance studio where we go.... Go girls!

Great music..... Claude Hay .... One man dynamo blues brother...... Vocals ..... Double electric guitar..... Drums..... A multitasking male? Rare species! Oh and he looks easy on the eye too!


So two drinks later and the foot and hand is tapping.... Some great gourmet pizza and water. Fills the gaps..... Girls from dance studio go to the dance floor..... It's calling our names...... We move to a table near the action. Too close for the girl roadie who comes and tells us we have to move a little further away from Claude's cords and gear or we might trip over. I told her... Arm on her shoulder and tongue in cheek that I was a Workplace Health and Safety Officer and I knew what I was doing and wouldn't get hurt. Are you thinking what I am thinking B 1 ? Yep!


Moved one table away to join a trio of blues fans from the bush who travelled to see Claude in town. Mum, Dad and daughter. They must have started young they looked like siblings! Dragged daughter onto the dance floor with my girlfriend and we rocked it. Kicked my high heels off. Go baby go! Laughed, grooved and murder was had on the dance floor. One more drink and I am on fire. Can't stop me now...dance fever sets in..... In the zone......and then it happened......bang. Foot went weak and I had to sit down. Couldn't feel my left foot. I had smacked the back of my heel on roadie girls chair leg. I think maybe she pushed it in my direction just to teach me a lesson....yeah....nah .


Whatever!...she went and got me an ice pack and I had to sit the last set out with feet up rockin' it from the side. Not good when you are a dancing queen. Knew I couldn't walk out gracefully on my own so asked my girlfriend to bring her car to the front. Called girlfriend number three consequently whose children were hanging our with mine at my house tonight. I needed some physical and moral support to get out with my dignity in tact.


High heels back on...favourite Dorothy red shoes...my lucky shoes...should have left them on to dance....maybe....maybe..anyway Kate is on her way. Meantime shoes on and Selina on my right for support I gingerly walk across the room head held high.... I've had far worse ....... this was nothing..... If nothing else I am tough and resilient...can think on my feet even when they won't work for me..... Coming up beside me with a drink in hand is a nice young man on my left side.... Can you help me to get out of here please I have hurt my ankle and just need to get to the car? Of course he can.... His name is Cameron , he is 28 ..... Too old for me I laugh!...... He is married and loves his wife.... Good boy ..... Keep it that way.... I found this out in the three minutes it took to get to the car... Kate in the meantime has arrived and gone in the front door looking for us.... We left by the back door...... Ehhhh!!


I forgot to tell you that earlier a man had seen my friend Selina.....she is stunningly gorgeous.... He comes over chats and tries to pick her up...she is with me so ..... as we get to Kate's car.... Bye Cameron thanks for that...now go home to your wife!!!!:)

The pick up man is there by our side...he was stalking us eeeeew! He tells Selina he is coming to our dance class tomorrow night! Luckily I have hurt my ankle and won't be able to go. He's all yours Sel!


Kate drives us to Selina's car. I get out of car number one with girlfriend number three and get into car number two with girlfriend number one. Girlfriend number two couldn't make it remember she is taking drugs for her GYM injury :) yeah right heard that before! I thought his name was Tom not Gym?


Girlfriend number one drives me to hospital emergency at my insistence... foot not working can't be good. Hobbled in..... Yes, one of my students is sitting in emergency with her Mother. She does the decent thing and doesn't acknowledge me, she covers her head with her track suit top. Way to go girl.... Incognito .....


Go to the counter explain my stupidity.... Nurse jokes about our age... She is only two weeks younger than me....tells me there are two casualties from car accidents and it may be up to a four hour wait.... Tell Sel to go home to my place and pick up her son. Who is at my place being babysat by my 16 yr old. Complicated ..... Are you keeping up?


Fill out lots of paperwork . Kate has offered to come pick me up later I tell her four hours will make it midnight so I will get a cab home. Pick up your kids and tell mine to lock up and go to bed I will be home soon... Crowded House.... Love your work!


Not more than a few text messages later my name is called. But first back to girlfriend number two.


8.36 pm


R: Don't laugh but I am at the hospital. Kicked my ankle on a chair while dancing. Had to go to hospital. Am on crutches. Too much wild crazy dancingx

L: seriously this is crazy lol are you ok? I'm literally falling off the couch laughing

R: Stop laughing. I flirted with the young doctor who also looked after my daughter when we came here recently.xx

L: HaHa it's obvious we are soul mates lol I will come visit you tomorrow x

R: I am ok and you must rest please. I was having a fantastic time. Bloody chair got in my way!!!!!

L: HaHa totally love it. It's what I've done my whole life. Weird stuff like that lol. Make sure you keep your feet up lol.

R: Will do. Can't believe I ruined a great night!!!


Previously at 8.34 pm text to Kate ...girlfriend number three remember?


R: I am done would you like to get me or will I call a cab?

K: I'll come

R: ok thanks I am in the waiting room

K: Do I go to emergency or front?

R: Emergency pull up and come in I am on crutchesx

R: Thanks

K: Bloody wally!

R: Yes but gorgeous young doctor looked after me. Same one who looked after Coco. Flirted with himxx


Later that night .....


R to K : Thanks amazing girlfriendxx


Always look on the bright side of life... Comedy is the reverse face of tragedy... Everyone in the theatre knows that.... Put your best foot forward... Believe me I am doing that now.... In life.... In love and with a bloody ankle injury ...... It is the only way......here is a straw, 'suck it up'..... Here's a bridge...... 'Now get over it'........ Here's a full cup with a lid........ 'shut the full cup'............... Nike have it all right...........Just Do It !


Thanks Claude Hay for a great night....thanks to the roadie girl who was very wise and taught me a valuable lesson or two. Thank you for girlfriends numbers one, two and three for being there as always to make life full, fun and fantastic..... Thanks to those young men who will make great husbands.... Thanks to the fantastic teenagers in my life.... Thanks be to God for a wonderful life...........LG lol!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment