Saturday, October 26, 2013

Kimmince stars as Fire hand WA a big T20 loss in Toowoomba - Gympie Times

FRONT RUNNERS: Queensland openers Beth Mooney (left) and Warwick's Delissa Kimmince take another run at Heritage Oval on Sunday.FRONT RUNNERS: Queensland openers Beth Mooney (left) and Warwick's Delissa Kimmince take another run at Heritage Oval on Sunday. Bev Lacey

WARWICK'S Delissa Kimmince sparked the Queensland Fire to a dominant Twenty20 win against Western Australia in the Women's National Cricket League to cap their weekend in Toowoomba.

Queensland went into Sunday's second T20 game of the round two matches at Heritage Oval coming off a loss to WA on Saturday in the 50-over match and was determined to round out the rare country round in better fashion.

They did just that as the Fire bowling attack teamed up to restrict the visiting Fury to just 8-102 from their 20 overs, with Kimmince taking 2-18.

She then turned chief destroyer with the bat scoring an unbeaten 59 off just 38 balls as she and fellow opener Beth Mooney (41 not out) chased down the meagre total on their own.

Kimmince brought up the winning runs with a four on the final ball of the 11th over to see the Fire run out 10-wicket victors.

"I think you just go out there and be positive. I just had to play with freedom today and swing my arms really," she said.

The all-rounder was happy taking out both T20 matches but rued the loss to WA in the 50-over format on Saturday.

"Ideally we would have liked to have won (Saturday) but that happens," she said.

"It was a good game of cricket. They batted smart, they batted well and we bowled poorly. They cashed in, but to get the two wins in the T20 stuff still keeps us in good contention for the end of the season."

The round was the first WNCL action to be taken to regional Queensland and just the second round nationally to be taken outside of the capital cities.

No comments:

Post a Comment